Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Write what you think and what you feel

Free writing activity was about answering the question given within a certain time, for example 3 minutes. I was asked to write about exactly what I'm thinking at the time and not think whether it is going to sound good or not. Just write.

Who am I?
Karolina, a city girl from London. Grew up in Poland. I have two younger siblings who sometimes make my life hell. Stuck in the middle of life at Univeristy. Who do I wanna be and what will really make me happy? Not really a place I expected to find myself in. Confused and over whelmed.

What would life be like without high-street stores?
Completely different to the world we're living in now - no more shopaholics (me), no more sales, no more of the excitement that comes with the Boxing Day sales. What would people do? Some of us live on shopping and gossiping with sales advisers. What about all the designer stores? Does that mean the fashion week wouldn't exist? And neither would fashion? The Sex and the City girl wannabes would find themselves in a great hole, not knowing where to head from there. My idol of a perfect woman - Carrie Bradshaw would definitely not be happy. So does that mean we would all walk around naked? Or would I still be able to wear the clothes I already own? Whoever came up with the idea of "no high-street stores" is mad as a Hatter.

The death of print
Fashion magazines are where I get my inspiration from - they are my halo. The Vogue is my Bible. They are what I live on and what I base my life on. I cannot imagine not getting my monthly subscription of Vogue from this hot post man of mine. So what am I supposed to do a train journey? I definitely think the death of print would affect me a lot more than other people who prefer the modern online lifestyle. People don't read hard-copy magazines anymore, they look out for online versions. What is the point of going to the kiosk to buy one when you can read it online from your bed hidden under the covers. 


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment